4 WEEKS | Kshs 80,000 / US$ 1200
Geographic Information Systems – GIS course focuses on collection, management and analysis of spatial data, and the development of technical and professional skills that can be used in the work-place or in research. They cover fundamental GIS concepts as well as how to create, edit, and work with geo-referenced spatial data. Students learn how to manipulate tabular data, query a GIS database, and present data clearly and efficiently using maps and charts.
- To provide clear information on Geographical Information Systems- GIS concepts, technical issues and applications.
- To teach where GIS fits in the world of information systems and maps, how it’s unique and why it is important.
- To enable the participants know the issues involved in choosing a Geographical Information Systems- GIS package, obtaining and evaluating data and implementing and managing a GIS.
- To acquire practical experience in using Geographical Information Systems- GIS software.
- Exploring GIS concepts
- Displaying data
- Querying databases
- Working with spatial data
- Working with tables
- Editing Data
- Working with geo-referenced data
- Cartographic Map Making and Presentation
Candidates must be computer literate and must have interest in maps. Prior knowledge of GIS is not required.